Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Grape Shimmer - Franken!

Hi everyone! I'm finally back for an update, yay! I have been sooo busy lately, my nails have been naked more than painted but...oh well. I recently indulged in a pedicure, since a salon just opened next to the Starbucks I work at! They were doing 40% off and it was sooo luxurious! But anyways, I'll post a couple pics of that in a later entry so I won't spoil anything else :)

On to the good stuff!

Here is my fifth Franken, I call it Grape Shimmer! It is a mixture of OPI Funky Dunkey (Zoya Mira dupe...I prefer Mira's formula but I thought I'd rather use up Funky Dunkey instead of Mira if it turned out badly haha!) plus a little clear polish, mixed with Sally Hansen HD nail color in DVD. You may remember that Zoya Mira and Sally Hansen DVD made up one of my favorite manicures ever - so I thought I'd try and create something similar, a nice purple with the purple/blue shimmer of DVD mixed in. Well, the shimmer is a little more subtle than I'd like, but that's ok! It's a nice alternative to layering the two polishes, but gives you a similar look!

Here are some photos!


Sorry these two are rotated funky! I didn't realize til I uploaded it to Blogger and now can't figure out how to rotate them, haha! Anyways...You can't see the shimmer too much on the nail but it shows up nicely in the bottle! In person the shimmer is visible but not overly so.

These photos are all three coats of Grape Shimmer plus Zoya Armor topcoat.

Next I added China Glaze silver crackle! It seemed to work a little better than OPI Silver Shatter for me, but I'm just happy to have a shatter bottle that isn't all funky and dried up at the top! I topped this with two coats of Zoya Armor top coat.

And because I can't resist sparkle, I added a couple coats of China Glaze Fairy Dust on top of all that!! It looked very sparkly in the sunlight :)

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment