Monday, July 18, 2011

Pink Lily Love - Franken!!

I was going through some polishes I was going to get rid of, and I found a half used Petites clear, and I thought oooooh franken! I previously have made one other franken that was semi successful but was a pain in the butt to photograph. I'll put a pic up anyways though! For my first franken a few weeks ago, I used some NYC Black polish, and mixed it with Sally Hansen HD in Byte plus a few pink sparkles from a Bonbons polish, but just a few of those! I mixed them with a toothpick on a piece of paper and they looked so pretty, black with a pink shimmer! When I frankened them, it didn't work quite as well, but it does have a kind of nice shimmer to it. The issue with the photography was that I could only capture Byte's blue flash, not the pink, and it was irritating me! I think my real issue with it is that I don't really care for black mani's. I really want to like them, I just am not super hot on them. Anyways, here's a pic of my first Franken attempt. I took about 30 pics of this trying desperately to get the pink shimmer to show up, but this was the closest I got, under an artificial light :-/



ANYWAYS....for my second franken attempt I am mixing Petites clear with a Petites bright pink and OPI I Lily Love You. I hope it turns out gorgeous, because I really like I Lily Love You and don't want to waste it ^.^

EDIT: I'm back! Franken #2 is complete! I am dubbing it Pink Lily Love! It went much more smoothly than Franken attempt #1, I'm pleased to report! (I used a Bonbons bottle for that one and it's tiny neck made combining polishes a real pain in the you know what) But yay! This was much easier - I poured out a little of my Petites Clear (I had already used some of it, I poured it out until it was about half empty/full), then I mixed a generous helping of Petites Pretty In Pink, a few drops of Seche Vite to try and get a little glossiness (didn't work), and then the remaining ~20% I added OPI I Lily Love You! It is so pretty and squishy and I really like it! I actually wish it had a little bit more clear in it to give it a tad more squishiness but...I'll take it :)

This is two coats of Pink Lily Love topped with Seche Vite. On my pointer finger I did just one coat so you can see how it builds. I think next time I would do 3 coats to eliminate the VNL but it was starting to get dark and I was really excited to take a picture haha! Due to the iPhone pics it's a little blurry, sorry. But you can see in the bottle how it looks pretty well :) I love love love the flakies from I Lily Love You!!



I love Pink Lily Love! What do you guys think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment