Friday, July 15, 2011

My Melmer!

Look! I'm finally posting pics of my Melmer! I put this together at least a month ago, haha, oh well! Better late than never right?! I printed off a 40% off coupon to Michael's and went and bought one of these 3 drawer sets. It says you can put it together in 30 minutes, actually it may have said 15, but at any rate, both those estimates are ridiculous because it took me like an hour and 15 to put it together! BUT I did it all by myself and if you have help it could probably be done much faster! But I really wanted to say I had done it all by myself, so husband watched TV while I did it! The next day I added my papers for decorating, added a healthy coating of mod podge, and let it dry! I used THESE decorations for decorating my Melmer :)

Now my polishes are all organized :) I put all my Zoya's and assorted others in the top drawer and all my OPI's in the middle drawer! In the bottom, I put my cotton balls and tools like nail files and such. It fits perfectly inside the closet in our bathroom (for towels and things) underneath where our shelves start, and there is a little buffer space, so I put my polish remover on top! I have seen some people make 2 of the units and stack them, but we just don't have the room in our apartment for it, so I'm sticking to one unit for now, and might build another one in the future!



What do you guys think of my Melmer? I love it! The only thing I have noticed (and maybe this is because I did something wrong?) is that the drawers tend to want to come out together, so I usually have to put a finger on one drawer while I slide out the other, so it will stay in place. Does that make sense? Oh well, it is a much better storage solution for my polish than my old little tupperware container was, so I don't really mind!

2 comments:

  1. I need to check out michaels because ive run out of space in my little container that i got from five below

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah and I am pretty sure Michael's has their storage stuff (including this piece) on like 40% off right now! And you can print off a 40% off coupon from their website as well, so that would make it really cheap! :)

    ReplyDelete